Newly constructed bridge develops crack, govt orders probe
Lucknow: A newly constructed bridge on the Yamuna river on Banda-Bahraich state highway had developed a crack following which the Uttar Pradesh government has
ordered an inquiry into the incident, an official said here.
A committee headed by Chitrakoot division commissioner has been constituted which will probe the incident and submit its report to the state government within a week, he said.
Constructed with a cost of over Rs 64 crore on the Yamuna river at Chillaghat, the bridge was inaugurated by PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui nearly two weeks back.
Chief Engineer (bridge) of PWD AK Sinha and joint managing director of the Bridges Corporation Narain Ram will be the members of the inquiry committee, the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Banda Congress MLA Vivek Singh has sought PWD Minister Siddiqui`s resignation on moral grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital