Newly constructed bridge develops crack, govt orders probe
Lucknow: A newly constructed bridge on the Yamuna river on Banda-Bahraich state highway had developed a crack following which the Uttar Pradesh government has
ordered an inquiry into the incident, an official said here.
A committee headed by Chitrakoot division commissioner has been constituted which will probe the incident and submit its report to the state government within a week, he said.
Constructed with a cost of over Rs 64 crore on the Yamuna river at Chillaghat, the bridge was inaugurated by PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui nearly two weeks back.
Chief Engineer (bridge) of PWD AK Sinha and joint managing director of the Bridges Corporation Narain Ram will be the members of the inquiry committee, the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Banda Congress MLA Vivek Singh has sought PWD Minister Siddiqui`s resignation on moral grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured