Newly constructed bridge develops crack, govt orders probe
Lucknow: A newly constructed bridge on the Yamuna river on Banda-Bahraich state highway had developed a crack following which the Uttar Pradesh government has
ordered an inquiry into the incident, an official said here.
A committee headed by Chitrakoot division commissioner has been constituted which will probe the incident and submit its report to the state government within a week, he said.
Constructed with a cost of over Rs 64 crore on the Yamuna river at Chillaghat, the bridge was inaugurated by PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui nearly two weeks back.
Chief Engineer (bridge) of PWD AK Sinha and joint managing director of the Bridges Corporation Narain Ram will be the members of the inquiry committee, the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Banda Congress MLA Vivek Singh has sought PWD Minister Siddiqui`s resignation on moral grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened