Newly-married burnt to death in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A newly-married woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws in Jarch area here.
Five persons, including her husband, have been booked, police said, adding that they are absconding.
According to the complaint filed by father of the twenty-year-old Renu, she got married to one Dushyant in April last year.
Since her marriage, she was constantly being harassed by her husband and in-laws.
Her father Deshraj alleged that after four months of marriage her in-laws started demanding more dowry.
"Last night, they poured kerosene over her and burnt her to death," Deshraj alleged in the complaint.
The victim`s body was sent for post mortem and a dowry death case has been registered against five persons, a police officer said.
The accused were absconding till late evening today, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE