Newly-married burnt to death in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A newly-married woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws in Jarch area here.
Five persons, including her husband, have been booked, police said, adding that they are absconding.
According to the complaint filed by father of the twenty-year-old Renu, she got married to one Dushyant in April last year.
Since her marriage, she was constantly being harassed by her husband and in-laws.
Her father Deshraj alleged that after four months of marriage her in-laws started demanding more dowry.
"Last night, they poured kerosene over her and burnt her to death," Deshraj alleged in the complaint.
The victim`s body was sent for post mortem and a dowry death case has been registered against five persons, a police officer said.
The accused were absconding till late evening today, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack