Newly-wed couple seeks police protection
Muzaffarnagar: A newly-wed couple, who eloped and got married against the wishes of their parents, on Sunday sought police protection after the girl`s family allegedly threatened to kill them.
Ghanshyampura village residents, Kawita and Bablu, who are in their early 20`s, had eloped following stiff opposition to their relationship by their families and got married on
June 26, police said.
The couple has lodged a police complaint alleging that Kanwita`s family members are threatening to kill them for marrying against their wishes following which a criminal case
has been registered against the girl`s father and five other members, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price