News of abduction wrong, 5 picked up for questioning: Police
Etawah (UP): Five persons, including a 14-year-old boy, were picked by a Special Operations Group team of the Firozabad Police here on Saturday and were not abducted, a police officer said.
Panic spread the Civil Lines area here when some armed persons, travelling in three vehicles, allegedly abducted five persons, including a teenage boy.
Later, Circle Officer Siddharth Verma said the five were picked up by an SOG team of the Firozabad Police in connection with a case.
He said all the five had been released.
The SOG team carried out the exercise without informing their counterparts in Etawah, the Circle officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!