News of abduction wrong, 5 picked up for questioning: Police
Etawah (UP): Five persons, including a 14-year-old boy, were picked by a Special Operations Group team of the Firozabad Police here on Saturday and were not abducted, a police officer said.
Panic spread the Civil Lines area here when some armed persons, travelling in three vehicles, allegedly abducted five persons, including a teenage boy.
Later, Circle Officer Siddharth Verma said the five were picked up by an SOG team of the Firozabad Police in connection with a case.
He said all the five had been released.
The SOG team carried out the exercise without informing their counterparts in Etawah, the Circle officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube