News of abduction wrong, 5 picked up for questioning: Police
Etawah (UP): Five persons, including a 14-year-old boy, were picked by a Special Operations Group team of the Firozabad Police here on Saturday and were not abducted, a police officer said.
Panic spread the Civil Lines area here when some armed persons, travelling in three vehicles, allegedly abducted five persons, including a teenage boy.
Later, Circle Officer Siddharth Verma said the five were picked up by an SOG team of the Firozabad Police in connection with a case.
He said all the five had been released.
The SOG team carried out the exercise without informing their counterparts in Etawah, the Circle officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre