News of abduction wrong, 5 picked up for questioning: Police
Etawah (UP): Five persons, including a 14-year-old boy, were picked by a Special Operations Group team of the Firozabad Police here on Saturday and were not abducted, a police officer said.
Panic spread the Civil Lines area here when some armed persons, travelling in three vehicles, allegedly abducted five persons, including a teenage boy.
Later, Circle Officer Siddharth Verma said the five were picked up by an SOG team of the Firozabad Police in connection with a case.
He said all the five had been released.
The SOG team carried out the exercise without informing their counterparts in Etawah, the Circle officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur