News of abduction wrong, 5 picked up for questioning: Police
Etawah (UP): Five persons, including a 14-year-old boy, were picked by a Special Operations Group team of the Firozabad Police here on Saturday and were not abducted, a police officer said.
Panic spread the Civil Lines area here when some armed persons, travelling in three vehicles, allegedly abducted five persons, including a teenage boy.
Later, Circle Officer Siddharth Verma said the five were picked up by an SOG team of the Firozabad Police in connection with a case.
He said all the five had been released.
The SOG team carried out the exercise without informing their counterparts in Etawah, the Circle officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'