NHRC seeks details of 9 fake encounters in Ghaziab
Ghaziabad: The National Human Rights Commission has sought from the Ghaziabad Police details of nine alleged fake encounters that took place in the district over the last few years.
The details of all the nine encounters were being prepared and would be sent to the NHRC, a senior police official said today.
He said that about 60 policemen were likely to be involved in these cases.
The NHRC`s direction comes in the wake of a CBI court asking eight policemen to appear before it in connection with an alleged fake encounter in Sahibabad in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended