NHRC seeks details of 9 fake encounters in Ghaziab
Ghaziabad: The National Human Rights Commission has sought from the Ghaziabad Police details of nine alleged fake encounters that took place in the district over the last few years.
The details of all the nine encounters were being prepared and would be sent to the NHRC, a senior police official said today.
He said that about 60 policemen were likely to be involved in these cases.
The NHRC`s direction comes in the wake of a CBI court asking eight policemen to appear before it in connection with an alleged fake encounter in Sahibabad in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena