NHRC seeks details of 9 fake encounters in Ghaziab
Ghaziabad: The National Human Rights Commission has sought from the Ghaziabad Police details of nine alleged fake encounters that took place in the district over the last few years.
The details of all the nine encounters were being prepared and would be sent to the NHRC, a senior police official said today.
He said that about 60 policemen were likely to be involved in these cases.
The NHRC`s direction comes in the wake of a CBI court asking eight policemen to appear before it in connection with an alleged fake encounter in Sahibabad in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city