NHRC seeks details of 9 fake encounters in Ghaziab
Ghaziabad: The National Human Rights Commission has sought from the Ghaziabad Police details of nine alleged fake encounters that took place in the district over the last few years.
The details of all the nine encounters were being prepared and would be sent to the NHRC, a senior police official said today.
He said that about 60 policemen were likely to be involved in these cases.
The NHRC`s direction comes in the wake of a CBI court asking eight policemen to appear before it in connection with an alleged fake encounter in Sahibabad in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred