NHRM scam: Probe begin in death of Mahendra Sharma
Lakhimpur: Three days after an employee of
state health department was found murdered in his home, police on Saturday started investigation into the death.
Police found the body of Sharma lying in a pool of blood
with severe injuries on his head and face, from the Pasgawan
health centre area in Lakhimpur Kheri district on February 15.
52-year-old Sharma, an accountant at community health
centre, went missing on February 7.
In-charge of Kotwali police station has been assigned to
investigate the murder.
Sharma`s wife Mithilesh Sharma had lodged an FIR
yesterday in which she has raised suspicion on six health
department officials, including chief medical officer JP
Bhargava, deputy CMO Balbir Singh, Pasgawan CHC in-charge SC
Gupta, UP health ministerial employees association president
Kuldeep Mishra, its secretary Munna Lal and Pasgawan CHC clerk
In her FIR, Mithilesh alleged that her husband was killed
as he refused to cooperate in misdeeds of some health
Sharma kin have demanded a CBI probe into his mysterious
The autopsy report had revealed death due to ante-mortem
smothering with half a dozen injury marks over the body.
Sharma became the fifth victim in the last one year after
the alleged bungling of over Rs 10,000 crore of central funds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog