Night curfew to continue in Bareilly
Bareilly: While night curfew in the trouble-hit areas of Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district will continue, the authorities on Saturday decided to lift all restrictions on vehicular movement.
"Be it two-wheelers or four-wheelers, from today (Saturday) there will not be any restrictions on the movement of vehicles on the roads," District Magistrate Anil Garg said at a press conference here.
"The situation is completely peaceful now," he said.
Earlier, barring autos and rickshaws, the authorities had restricted the movement of vehicles on roads.
"At present, the curfew in Bareilly is being relaxed for 17 hours since 5 in the morning. It will be reimposed at 10 pm," said Garg.
A minor communal clash over the passage of a Barawafat procession followed by sporadic arson March 2 led to curfew in several parts of Bareilly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH