Night curfew to continue in Bareilly
Bareilly: While night curfew in the trouble-hit areas of Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district will continue, the authorities on Saturday decided to lift all restrictions on vehicular movement.
"Be it two-wheelers or four-wheelers, from today (Saturday) there will not be any restrictions on the movement of vehicles on the roads," District Magistrate Anil Garg said at a press conference here.
"The situation is completely peaceful now," he said.
Earlier, barring autos and rickshaws, the authorities had restricted the movement of vehicles on roads.
"At present, the curfew in Bareilly is being relaxed for 17 hours since 5 in the morning. It will be reimposed at 10 pm," said Garg.
A minor communal clash over the passage of a Barawafat procession followed by sporadic arson March 2 led to curfew in several parts of Bareilly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown