Nine arrested in Gorakhpur, several dacoity cases solved
Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh): Police arrested nine persons, wanted in several cases of dacoity, and seized arms and ammunition from them in the wee hours here on Saturday.
Ravindra Dadhi, one of the arrested persons, carried a reward of Rs 2,5OO on his head, SSP D K Chaudhary said.
With their arrests, seven cases of dacoity in rural areas in Gorakhpur district had been solved, he said.
The nine were planning another dacoity in Baghagarha area when they were apprehended by police, the SSP said.
Jewellery worth lakhs of rupees, some cash and police uniforms apart from arms and ammunition were recovered from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured