Nine arrested in Gorakhpur, several dacoity cases solved
Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh): Police arrested nine persons, wanted in several cases of dacoity, and seized arms and ammunition from them in the wee hours here on Saturday.
Ravindra Dadhi, one of the arrested persons, carried a reward of Rs 2,5OO on his head, SSP D K Chaudhary said.
With their arrests, seven cases of dacoity in rural areas in Gorakhpur district had been solved, he said.
The nine were planning another dacoity in Baghagarha area when they were apprehended by police, the SSP said.
Jewellery worth lakhs of rupees, some cash and police uniforms apart from arms and ammunition were recovered from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand