Nine arrested in Gorakhpur, several dacoity cases solved
Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh): Police arrested nine persons, wanted in several cases of dacoity, and seized arms and ammunition from them in the wee hours here on Saturday.
Ravindra Dadhi, one of the arrested persons, carried a reward of Rs 2,5OO on his head, SSP D K Chaudhary said.
With their arrests, seven cases of dacoity in rural areas in Gorakhpur district had been solved, he said.
The nine were planning another dacoity in Baghagarha area when they were apprehended by police, the SSP said.
Jewellery worth lakhs of rupees, some cash and police uniforms apart from arms and ammunition were recovered from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch