Nine cops suspended in connection with blast accused`s death
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday suspended nine policemen, including a Sub-Inspector, in connection with the death of a terror suspect Khalid Mujahid while being taken to Lucknow jail after a hearing on May 18.
Nine policemen, including Sub-Inspector Ram Avadh, seven constables and a driver have been suspended with immediate effect, an official spokesman said here.
Mujahid, an accused in serial blasts that had rocked Lucknow and Faizabad courts in November 2007, died on May 18 after he fell sick and fainted near Barabanki border while being escorted to Lucknow jail after a court hearing.
He was rushed to a district hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Later, the state government, on the demand of the family of the deceased, has recommended a CBI inquiry into his death.
Earlier this month, a special court in Barabanki had rejected the Uttar Pradesh government`s application to withdraw cases against Khalid Mujahid along with another accused Tariq Kasmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?