Nine cops suspended in connection with blast accused`s death
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday suspended nine policemen, including a Sub-Inspector, in connection with the death of a terror suspect Khalid Mujahid while being taken to Lucknow jail after a hearing on May 18.
Nine policemen, including Sub-Inspector Ram Avadh, seven constables and a driver have been suspended with immediate effect, an official spokesman said here.
Mujahid, an accused in serial blasts that had rocked Lucknow and Faizabad courts in November 2007, died on May 18 after he fell sick and fainted near Barabanki border while being escorted to Lucknow jail after a court hearing.
He was rushed to a district hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Later, the state government, on the demand of the family of the deceased, has recommended a CBI inquiry into his death.
Earlier this month, a special court in Barabanki had rejected the Uttar Pradesh government`s application to withdraw cases against Khalid Mujahid along with another accused Tariq Kasmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...