Nine get life term for burning two persons alive in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A fast track court has sentenced nine people to life imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 45,000 on each of them for burning alive two members of a family over a minor dispute in the district.
Additional District Sessions Judge Himanshu Bhardwaj
held the nine accused guilty under Section 302 (punishment for
murder), 147 (punishment for rioting), 148 (rioting, armed
with deadly weapon) and 427 (mischief causing damage) of
Indian Penal Code.
While, eight people were acquitted due to lack of
Bablu and Motu were burnt to death and their house
was set on fire over a minor dispute between them and another
group at Pilana village in Baghpat district on May 7, 2006,
the prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair