Nine get life term for burning two persons alive in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A fast track court has sentenced nine people to life imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 45,000 on each of them for burning alive two members of a family over a minor dispute in the district.
Additional District Sessions Judge Himanshu Bhardwaj
held the nine accused guilty under Section 302 (punishment for
murder), 147 (punishment for rioting), 148 (rioting, armed
with deadly weapon) and 427 (mischief causing damage) of
Indian Penal Code.
While, eight people were acquitted due to lack of
Bablu and Motu were burnt to death and their house
was set on fire over a minor dispute between them and another
group at Pilana village in Baghpat district on May 7, 2006,
the prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred