Nine people killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision
Kanpur: At least nine people, including eight teenagers, were on Tuesday killed and 15 others injured when a tractor-trolley, in which they were travelling, had a collision with a train at an unmanned railway crossing near Uttaripura in the district.
The accident took place early this morning when the
tractor-trolley, on its way to Jagdishpur from Uddhavpur
Nawada, collided with the passenger train coming from Lucknow
to Kasganj at an unmanned railway crossing near Shivrajpur,
about 50 kms from here, police said.
The dead include one woman, four girls aged between
14-18 years and four boys in the age group of 16 to 18 years,
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Lal Bahadur said.
Train passengers were unhurt in the mishap, Public
Relations Officer of North-Eastern Railway Amit Singh told
The impact of the collision was so severe that the
trolley was completely smashed.
Condition of four of the injured is stated to be
critical and they have been admitted to Kanpur Medical
College, Kanpur Deputy Inspector of Police Prem Prakash said.
After the accident, the tractor trolley driver
escaped from the spot, he said, adding efforts are being made
to nab him.
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani