Nine people killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision
Kanpur: At least nine people, including eight teenagers, were on Tuesday killed and 15 others injured when a tractor-trolley, in which they were travelling, had a collision with a train at an unmanned railway crossing near Uttaripura in the district.
The accident took place early this morning when the
tractor-trolley, on its way to Jagdishpur from Uddhavpur
Nawada, collided with the passenger train coming from Lucknow
to Kasganj at an unmanned railway crossing near Shivrajpur,
about 50 kms from here, police said.
The dead include one woman, four girls aged between
14-18 years and four boys in the age group of 16 to 18 years,
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Lal Bahadur said.
Train passengers were unhurt in the mishap, Public
Relations Officer of North-Eastern Railway Amit Singh told
The impact of the collision was so severe that the
trolley was completely smashed.
Condition of four of the injured is stated to be
critical and they have been admitted to Kanpur Medical
College, Kanpur Deputy Inspector of Police Prem Prakash said.
After the accident, the tractor trolley driver
escaped from the spot, he said, adding efforts are being made
to nab him.
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video