Nine people killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision
Kanpur: At least nine people, including eight teenagers, were on Tuesday killed and 15 others injured when a tractor-trolley, in which they were travelling, had a collision with a train at an unmanned railway crossing near Uttaripura in the district.
The accident took place early this morning when the
tractor-trolley, on its way to Jagdishpur from Uddhavpur
Nawada, collided with the passenger train coming from Lucknow
to Kasganj at an unmanned railway crossing near Shivrajpur,
about 50 kms from here, police said.
The dead include one woman, four girls aged between
14-18 years and four boys in the age group of 16 to 18 years,
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Lal Bahadur said.
Train passengers were unhurt in the mishap, Public
Relations Officer of North-Eastern Railway Amit Singh told
The impact of the collision was so severe that the
trolley was completely smashed.
Condition of four of the injured is stated to be
critical and they have been admitted to Kanpur Medical
College, Kanpur Deputy Inspector of Police Prem Prakash said.
After the accident, the tractor trolley driver
escaped from the spot, he said, adding efforts are being made
to nab him.
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in