Nine people killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision
Kanpur: At least nine people, including eight teenagers, were on Tuesday killed and 15 others injured when a tractor-trolley, in which they were travelling, had a collision with a train at an unmanned railway crossing near Uttaripura in the district.
The accident took place early this morning when the
tractor-trolley, on its way to Jagdishpur from Uddhavpur
Nawada, collided with the passenger train coming from Lucknow
to Kasganj at an unmanned railway crossing near Shivrajpur,
about 50 kms from here, police said.
The dead include one woman, four girls aged between
14-18 years and four boys in the age group of 16 to 18 years,
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Lal Bahadur said.
Train passengers were unhurt in the mishap, Public
Relations Officer of North-Eastern Railway Amit Singh told
The impact of the collision was so severe that the
trolley was completely smashed.
Condition of four of the injured is stated to be
critical and they have been admitted to Kanpur Medical
College, Kanpur Deputy Inspector of Police Prem Prakash said.
After the accident, the tractor trolley driver
escaped from the spot, he said, adding efforts are being made
to nab him.
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report