Nithari: Case against victim`s father postponed
Ghaziabad: A local court on Monday posted for tomorrow the hearing of a case against the father of a victim in Nithari serial killings case after he failed to appear in the court.
Nand Lal, father of Badi Payal (22) who was a victim of Nithari killings, is facing a case for misleading the court by allegedly retracting his statement accusing businessman Moninder Singh Pandher of bribing police.
Additional CJM Vishambhar Prashad on April 25 had issued a fresh non-bailable warrant against Lal and directed Ghaziabad SSP to arrest him and produce before it on April 30. It had previously issued two NBWs against Lal on April 16 and 21.
Prosecutor Khalid Khan told the court that Lal is evading court appearance to escape arrest. He also claimed that Lal has got support of the police.
In a statement on April 25, 2007 before the then special judge Rama Jain, Lal had alleged the then Noida police circle officer had received bribe from the main accused Pandher.
On the basis of his statement, the police officer and Pandher were named as accused by the the judge but on July 6, 2007, Lal retracted his statement and accused Khan of pressuring him to give a false statement.
Taking serious note of Lal`s conduct, the judge then registered a complaint against him for giving a false statement and the case is being now heard in the ACJM court.
Pandher and his domestic help Surender Koli were arrested and a total of 19 cases were filed in connection with the rape and murder of children and Badi Payal whose skeletal remains, clothes and footwear were found from a drain behind Pandher`s bungalow in Nithari (Noida) in 2005 and 2006.
Koli has been given capital punishment in four cases. Pandher and Koli were awarded death penalty by the Ghaziabad court in the case related to rape and murder of 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar in February 2009 but later the Allahabad High Court acquitted Pandher for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka