Nithari killings: Koli guilty of five-year-old girl`s murder
Ghaziabad: A special court here Saturday held domestic help Surender Koli guilty of the rape and murder of a five-year-old girl, one of the 19 young women and children from Noida`s Nithari village whose body parts were found in a drain.
Special Judge S Lal would announce the quantum of punishment Monday, said Central Bureau of Investigation lawyer Jai Prakash Sharma.
Of the 19 cases of abduction, rape and murder, the CBI filed chargesheets in 16 Nithari cases, which shocked the nation with the brutality and hints of cannibalism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties