Nithari: Koli sentencing arguments deferred
Ghaziabad: Arguments on the quantum of punishment to domestic help Surender Koli, convicted for the rape and murder of seven-year-old Arti from Noida`s Nithari village, have been deferred till May 12 following a lawyers strike, an official said Wednesday.
The arguments were deferred after Ghaziabad bar association lawyers struck work to voice their protest against their colleagues in Kanpur being baton-charged.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation court had Tuesday convicted Koli of the rape and murder of Arti who had disappeared from her home in September 2006. She was amongst the 19 women and children from Noida`s Nithari village whose body parts were found in a drain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage
- Missing IAF plane: Parrikar likely to visit Chennai tomorrow
- SHOCKING: FC Goa co-owners Dempo, Salgaocar 'quit' Indian Super League