No breakthrough in Varanasi blast: Police
Lucknow: Even two days after the blast at
Dashashwamedh ghat in Varanasi, which left one dead and 36
others injured, the Uttar Pradesh police is still groping in
"No breakthrough has been made as of now, we are working
on it and investigations are on. Situation continues to be the
same," Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal told
reporters here today.
He said the investigation has already been transferred to
the Anti Terror Squad (ATS) of the state police.
"Besides, officers of National Investigating Agency (NIA)
and other central agencies are camping in Varanasi," he said.
The forensic team, which collected samples of material
used in the blast yesterday, has taken the items to Agra and
was analysing it.
"The FSL report is expected to come out by tomorrow," the
On report of involvement of Dr Shahnawaz, brother of IM
foot soldier Mohammed Saif who was arrested in the Batla House
encounter in September 19, 2008, and other youths from
Azamgarh district in the Varanasi blast, Brij Lal said it was
premature to say anything as of now.
"As far as Shahnawaz and others, who are members of
Indian Mujahideen, are concerned they are wanted in several
cases of blasts in different states," he said.
"As I have already said, one cannot pin point any
particular person or organisation at this juncture," he said.
Meanwhile, the condition of Phoolrani and her relative
Kranti Bai Dubey, both residents of Jerath village under
Patharia police station in Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh,
is critical, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video