No chargesheet in arson incident at Joshi`s house till March
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday
restrained the CB-CID, probing the incident of arson at the
residence of UPCC President Rita Bahuguna Joshi, from filing a
chargesheet in the case till March 12.
A division bench of the high court comprising Justice
Satyendra Singh Chauhan and Justice Shrikant Tripathi passed
the order on a writ petition of Joshi seeking a CBI probe into
the incident of arson at her house in July last year.
On behalf of the state government, a prayer was made
at the Lucknow bench of the high court for adjourning the case
till some other date.
On behalf of the petitioner an apprehension was
expressed that the petition seeking a CBI inquiry into the
case would become infructuous if the chargesheet was filed by
the CB-CID, a state investigating agency.
Accoringly the court restrained the CB-CID from
filing a chargesheet, if any in this case till March 12.
Rita Joshi`s Lucknow residence was set on fire in her
absence on the night of July 15, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation