‘No Cong Kisan Mahapanchayat at Bhatta Parsaul’
Lucknow: UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi on Friday
said the Uttar Pradesh government has not allowed the Congress
to hold Kisan Mahapanchayat at Bhatta Parsaul village in Noida
on July 9.
She alleged that the Mayawati government has vowed not to
give permission to any programme of Congress general secretary
"As an alternative to Bhatta Parsaul, we had suggested
Rajopura and Dhankohar villages near Bhatta Parsaul and Jewar
area but the government did not agree," Joshi told reporters.
She said permission was later sought for organising the
programme in Aligarh district, but that too was disallowed.
"Now we have sought permission to hold the mahapanchayat
in Bulandshahr district and hope to get the approval soon,
she said, adding the congregation would be organised at all
costs and that there would be no change in date.
Union minister Sriprakash Jaiswal, who was also present at
the press conference, said such attitude of the Mayawati
government was "an example of autocracy in the garb of
democracy". The government has put a ban on peaceful
programmes, he said.
Bhatta Parsaul village was the epicentre of a farmers`
agitation against acquisition of their land by the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!