No construction activity at Dalit memorials in UP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Stating that no construction activity is taking place at the memorials built in memory of Dalit leaders in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Mayawati on Saturday alleged that casteist forces were trying to malign her image over the issue.
"Casteist forces are conspiring and trying to malign my image by alleging that construction work is being carried out at memorials which is not true," Mayawati told reporters after paying tributes to BSP founder Kanshiram on his fourth death anniversary at his memorial.
"You (mediapersons) can look around and see for yourself that except maintenance and cleaning work no other construction activity is being carried out here," she said.
Mayawati alleged that false petitions of work being
carried out at memorials were being filed in the court.
"People, who are against the `saints` of Dalit society
and development of the state, are indulging in unnecessary
politics," she said.
"I am against all those who are against the `saints`
of Dalit society," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi