No construction activity at Dalit memorials in UP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Stating that no construction activity is taking place at the memorials built in memory of Dalit leaders in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Mayawati on Saturday alleged that casteist forces were trying to malign her image over the issue.
"Casteist forces are conspiring and trying to malign my image by alleging that construction work is being carried out at memorials which is not true," Mayawati told reporters after paying tributes to BSP founder Kanshiram on his fourth death anniversary at his memorial.
"You (mediapersons) can look around and see for yourself that except maintenance and cleaning work no other construction activity is being carried out here," she said.
Mayawati alleged that false petitions of work being
carried out at memorials were being filed in the court.
"People, who are against the `saints` of Dalit society
and development of the state, are indulging in unnecessary
politics," she said.
"I am against all those who are against the `saints`
of Dalit society," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price