No construction activity at Dalit memorials in UP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Stating that no construction activity is taking place at the memorials built in memory of Dalit leaders in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Mayawati on Saturday alleged that casteist forces were trying to malign her image over the issue.
"Casteist forces are conspiring and trying to malign my image by alleging that construction work is being carried out at memorials which is not true," Mayawati told reporters after paying tributes to BSP founder Kanshiram on his fourth death anniversary at his memorial.
"You (mediapersons) can look around and see for yourself that except maintenance and cleaning work no other construction activity is being carried out here," she said.
Mayawati alleged that false petitions of work being
carried out at memorials were being filed in the court.
"People, who are against the `saints` of Dalit society
and development of the state, are indulging in unnecessary
politics," she said.
"I am against all those who are against the `saints`
of Dalit society," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users