No construction activity at Dalit memorials in UP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Stating that no construction activity is taking place at the memorials built in memory of Dalit leaders in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Mayawati on Saturday alleged that casteist forces were trying to malign her image over the issue.
"Casteist forces are conspiring and trying to malign my image by alleging that construction work is being carried out at memorials which is not true," Mayawati told reporters after paying tributes to BSP founder Kanshiram on his fourth death anniversary at his memorial.
"You (mediapersons) can look around and see for yourself that except maintenance and cleaning work no other construction activity is being carried out here," she said.
Mayawati alleged that false petitions of work being
carried out at memorials were being filed in the court.
"People, who are against the `saints` of Dalit society
and development of the state, are indulging in unnecessary
politics," she said.
"I am against all those who are against the `saints`
of Dalit society," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey