No construction activity at Dalit memorials in UP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Stating that no construction activity is taking place at the memorials built in memory of Dalit leaders in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Mayawati on Saturday alleged that casteist forces were trying to malign her image over the issue.
"Casteist forces are conspiring and trying to malign my image by alleging that construction work is being carried out at memorials which is not true," Mayawati told reporters after paying tributes to BSP founder Kanshiram on his fourth death anniversary at his memorial.
"You (mediapersons) can look around and see for yourself that except maintenance and cleaning work no other construction activity is being carried out here," she said.
Mayawati alleged that false petitions of work being
carried out at memorials were being filed in the court.
"People, who are against the `saints` of Dalit society
and development of the state, are indulging in unnecessary
politics," she said.
"I am against all those who are against the `saints`
of Dalit society," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?