No direct, indirect alliance with SP, BSP: Gadkari
Barabanki: BJP on Thursday ruled out any "direct or
indirect" alliance with SP or BSP in Uttar Pradesh and charged
Congress at the Centre and the ruling party in the state with
Addressing an election meeting in Ramnagar area here, BJP
President Nitin Gadkari said the SP, BSP and Congress were all
together. "... they are together at the Centre and in the
state they are involved in shadow boxing."
He categorically stated that BJP would have no direct or
indirect truck with SP or BSP.
Gadkari said BJP works for the poor and common people and
is never involved in politics of caste or religion.
He said that for the progress of UP a good and clean
leadership, which can take decisions in the interest of the
people, was required.
Seeking votes for BJP nominees, Gadkari regretted that in
the state of Lord Ram, corruption was rampant all over.
On the Ram temple issue, he said the structure should be
constructed after the final decision of the court and refused
to make it an election issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred