No dummy test was conducted by CBI: Rajesh Talwar
Ghaziabad: Dentist Rajesh Talwar on Tuesday told special court here that CBI did not carry out any dummy test at their Jalvayu Vihar residence where his daughter Aarushi and domestic servant Hemraj were killed five years ago.
CBI investigator AGL Kaul, who led the second probe team in connection with the sensational murders, had claimed in his deposition as prosecution witness that he carried out such a test in 2010 by putting a dummy in a sheet and dragging it to the roof with the help of two persons with normal body built.
The purpose of this exercise purportedly carried out in the presence of forensic experts was to ascertain whether parents of the teenager were capable of dragging a subconscious Hemraj to terrace where he was allegedly killed by them, he had claimed.
While recording his statement under Section 313 of the CrPC before Special CBI Judge Shyam Lal, where Judge seeks clarification from the accused on the witnesses and evidence presented against him, Talwar said no such test was conducted by the CBI.
Sources in the know of proceedings, however, claimed that Talwars had left their residence of Jalvayu Vihar - the crime scene - immediately after the incident and have not been living there since so there was no question of test being conducted there.
The sources said CBI had not presented any evidence on record to show that such a test was conducted and the only proof presented by CBI is a statement of its investigator AGL Kaul and Forensic Expert Rajinder Singh.
In his statement before the court, Kaul had claimed that a dummy test was conducted for two reasons - to understand whether two persons of normal built can wrap an adult`s body and take it upstairs to the terrace and to ascertain pattern of bloodstains when such an act takes place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre