No election lollipops can revive UP govt: Congress
Lucknow: Terming the proposed surprise
visits by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati as "election
stunt", Congress on Tuesday alleged such visits earlier were of no
use and such "election lollipops" would do no good.
"There has been no improvement either on the law and
order front or on the development front since she started
such visits," UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi said.
No amount of "election lollipops" would help her party
return to power, Joshi said.
Local media reports say in order to check graft, the
Chief Minister would make surprise visits to various
After passage of six months since her last visit, law and
order has turned from bad to worse, records have been set in
extortion and poor have been subjected to more sufferings,
On announcements of three more districts in the state by
Mayawati, she said "people have seen fate of all her
The UPCC president said people have lost faith in BSP and
now the Chief Minister is writing letters making demands of
all sorts to divert people`s attention.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?