No election lollipops can revive UP govt: Congress
Lucknow: Terming the proposed surprise
visits by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati as "election
stunt", Congress on Tuesday alleged such visits earlier were of no
use and such "election lollipops" would do no good.
"There has been no improvement either on the law and
order front or on the development front since she started
such visits," UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi said.
No amount of "election lollipops" would help her party
return to power, Joshi said.
Local media reports say in order to check graft, the
Chief Minister would make surprise visits to various
After passage of six months since her last visit, law and
order has turned from bad to worse, records have been set in
extortion and poor have been subjected to more sufferings,
On announcements of three more districts in the state by
Mayawati, she said "people have seen fate of all her
The UPCC president said people have lost faith in BSP and
now the Chief Minister is writing letters making demands of
all sorts to divert people`s attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?