No end in sight, UP govt employees` strike enters 3rd day
Lucknow: The strike by Uttar Pradesh government employees entered the third day today, with the stalemate between the state government and strikers continuing.
Leader of Rajya Karamchari Adhikaar Manch Hari Kishore Tiwari said that after a meeting with Principal Secretary, Appointments, Rajiv Kumar it was expected that another round of discussion would be held last night and some solution would be worked out, but it did not happen.
He said at present, around 16 lakh state employees are on strike and if their demands are not met, some more services would be included in the agitation from tomorrow.
The talks between the striking employees and senior officials went on for over two hours yesterday, but failed to reach a conclusion.
It was expected that the employees` leaders could be called for talks again last night, but that did not happen.
Tiwari said there was no question of calling off the strike on mere assurance and it would continue till written orders are issued.
The striking employees are demanding assured promotion or promotion scale, pension benefits and removal of anomalies in salary and allowances. They gave a strike call after several rounds of talks with the state government in this regard failed.
There are a total 18 lakh employees of which around 60 per cent are estimated to be taking part in the strike.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know