No free entry to Taj for CWG visitors
Agra: Commonwealth Games athletes and officials visiting the Taj Mahal here have not been exempted from buying entrance tickets, an official said.
"The railways catering corporation has made the arrangements. They will buy the tickets in advance and give these to the visitors. Visitors from SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) nations will have to pay Rs 550 while other foreign tourists will have to pay Rs 750," Shamshuddin, president of the Agra Guides Association, said.
The Uttar Pradesh tourism department has hired 30 guides to accompany the visitors to the Taj - a mausoleum Mughal emperor Shah Jahan built in 1653 in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
"The eastern gate of the Taj Mahal has been reserved for the CWG visitors while general public will have to use the western and southern entrance gates," an Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened