No funds, only technical help sought from Gates
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday clarified that it did not seek funds from the former Microsoft chief Bill Gates and only sought technical support in the health sector.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan said in the state assembly that the government has not sought funds but technical support from Gates who had met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday.
Even Yadav said that because of scams like the NRHM, in which ministers and senior officials are in jail, that funds were not sought from Gates.
In a meeting between Yadav and Gates on Wednesday it was decided that Uttar Pradesh government will sign an agreement with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for providing technical, management and programme design support in the health sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi