No funds, only technical help sought from Gates
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday clarified that it did not seek funds from the former Microsoft chief Bill Gates and only sought technical support in the health sector.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan said in the state assembly that the government has not sought funds but technical support from Gates who had met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday.
Even Yadav said that because of scams like the NRHM, in which ministers and senior officials are in jail, that funds were not sought from Gates.
In a meeting between Yadav and Gates on Wednesday it was decided that Uttar Pradesh government will sign an agreement with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for providing technical, management and programme design support in the health sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack