No funds, only technical help sought from Gates
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday clarified that it did not seek funds from the former Microsoft chief Bill Gates and only sought technical support in the health sector.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan said in the state assembly that the government has not sought funds but technical support from Gates who had met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday.
Even Yadav said that because of scams like the NRHM, in which ministers and senior officials are in jail, that funds were not sought from Gates.
In a meeting between Yadav and Gates on Wednesday it was decided that Uttar Pradesh government will sign an agreement with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for providing technical, management and programme design support in the health sector.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15
- BJP slams UP CM Akhilesh Yadav over hunger death in Bundelkhand
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding