No funds, only technical help sought from Gates
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday clarified that it did not seek funds from the former Microsoft chief Bill Gates and only sought technical support in the health sector.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan said in the state assembly that the government has not sought funds but technical support from Gates who had met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday.
Even Yadav said that because of scams like the NRHM, in which ministers and senior officials are in jail, that funds were not sought from Gates.
In a meeting between Yadav and Gates on Wednesday it was decided that Uttar Pradesh government will sign an agreement with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for providing technical, management and programme design support in the health sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!