No funds, only technical help sought from Gates
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday clarified that it did not seek funds from the former Microsoft chief Bill Gates and only sought technical support in the health sector.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan said in the state assembly that the government has not sought funds but technical support from Gates who had met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday.
Even Yadav said that because of scams like the NRHM, in which ministers and senior officials are in jail, that funds were not sought from Gates.
In a meeting between Yadav and Gates on Wednesday it was decided that Uttar Pradesh government will sign an agreement with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for providing technical, management and programme design support in the health sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown