No ground lost among minorities, secular minded people: SP
Lucknow: An elated Samajwadi Party on Thursday said
that the assembly election results of Maharashtra have proved
that the party still enjoyed the support of minorities and
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary here said
that the victory of four party candidates in Maharashtra has
exposed the reality that SP has not lost ground among the
minorities and secular minded people.
Expressing happiness over the defeat of BJP-Shiv Sena
combine and BSP failing to open its account, Chaudhary said
that it was now clear that people were in no mood to accept
casteist and communal parties.
"Though UP Chief Minister misused public funds in
assembly elections in other states and also tried to whip up
passions it failed to find favour with the electorate there,"
Chaudhary said adding that the voters have realised that the
Chief Minister, who has failed on all fronts in UP cannot be
of much help elsewhere.
The SP spokesman said that even the dalit electorate
is today surprised at the "five star lifestyle of the dalit ki
beti", who has only concentrated on erecting statues and
building parks during her tenure.
People of other states do not want to see the dismal
state of affairs prevailing in UP in their states, Chaudhary
said adding that they have given their verdict that a leader,
who cannot run one state properly lacks the capability to
become the leader of the entire country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27