No illegality in plot allotments during SP rule, SC told
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh government has contended in the Supreme Court that plots allegedly allotted to kith and kin of Samajwadi leaders and bureaucrats during the previous tenure of SP in the state in 2005 were valid and legal.
In an affidavit filed before the apex court, the state governemnt said the procedure adopted by it in allotment of plots is valid.
"It is obvious that the procedure of allotment/adjustment which were followed for the allotment in the present case was valid and in accordance with the prescribed procedure and past practice. This is not the first example of allotment by lottery/adjustment and by cash down basis," the affidavit filed by the state government said.
"On the basis of information provided by the authority, it is evident that the allotment of plots in question in the year 2005 in the Gomti Nagar Yojna, Vipul Khand-6 were made on the prescribed rate for the residential plots, that is Rs 3000 per square meter. Therefore, the question of financial loss being caused in the allotment of said plots does not arise," the affidavit said."
It also asked not to consider the report of the committee set up by the BSP government which had inquired into the allotment.
"It is most respectfully submitted that since the report of Vijay Shankar Pandey is not based on correct facts and is in complete disregard to the records and also being in violation of principle of natural justice, it is not worthy of any credence and no follow-up action is required," the affidavit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India