No illegality in plot allotments during SP rule, SC told
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh government has contended in the Supreme Court that plots allegedly allotted to kith and kin of Samajwadi leaders and bureaucrats during the previous tenure of SP in the state in 2005 were valid and legal.
In an affidavit filed before the apex court, the state governemnt said the procedure adopted by it in allotment of plots is valid.
"It is obvious that the procedure of allotment/adjustment which were followed for the allotment in the present case was valid and in accordance with the prescribed procedure and past practice. This is not the first example of allotment by lottery/adjustment and by cash down basis," the affidavit filed by the state government said.
"On the basis of information provided by the authority, it is evident that the allotment of plots in question in the year 2005 in the Gomti Nagar Yojna, Vipul Khand-6 were made on the prescribed rate for the residential plots, that is Rs 3000 per square meter. Therefore, the question of financial loss being caused in the allotment of said plots does not arise," the affidavit said."
It also asked not to consider the report of the committee set up by the BSP government which had inquired into the allotment.
"It is most respectfully submitted that since the report of Vijay Shankar Pandey is not based on correct facts and is in complete disregard to the records and also being in violation of principle of natural justice, it is not worthy of any credence and no follow-up action is required," the affidavit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM