No intention to contest polls: Abu Salem
Azamgarh: Jailed underworld don Abu
Salem today said that he has no intention of entering politics or contesting elections.
"I have no such intention," Salem said when asked
about his possibility of making foray into politics.
He was brought here yesterday from Mumbai to enable
him attend the last rites of his aunt at his native place
During the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections,
posters of Salem had said that he was contesting elections
from Mubarakpur but he could not contest as his name was not
included in the electoral rolls.
However, don`s brother Abu Jaish said he wanted to
contest Assembly polls from Mubarakpur constituency.
Jiash told reporters that he has requested SP to give
him ticket from Mubarakpur.
Salem said that he was thankful to TADA court in
Mumbai to allow him to visit Azamgarh and attend last rites of
his aunt Shaakira Begum.
Meanwhile Salem`s counsel Rashid Ansari, who is
fighting the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, expressed hope
that cases pending against the don in various courts in
Lucknow, Mumbai and Hyderabad would be decided in six to eight
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news