No intention to contest polls: Abu Salem
Azamgarh: Jailed underworld don Abu
Salem today said that he has no intention of entering politics or contesting elections.
"I have no such intention," Salem said when asked
about his possibility of making foray into politics.
He was brought here yesterday from Mumbai to enable
him attend the last rites of his aunt at his native place
During the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections,
posters of Salem had said that he was contesting elections
from Mubarakpur but he could not contest as his name was not
included in the electoral rolls.
However, don`s brother Abu Jaish said he wanted to
contest Assembly polls from Mubarakpur constituency.
Jiash told reporters that he has requested SP to give
him ticket from Mubarakpur.
Salem said that he was thankful to TADA court in
Mumbai to allow him to visit Azamgarh and attend last rites of
his aunt Shaakira Begum.
Meanwhile Salem`s counsel Rashid Ansari, who is
fighting the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, expressed hope
that cases pending against the don in various courts in
Lucknow, Mumbai and Hyderabad would be decided in six to eight
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on Nigerian student not racial crime, have arrested accused, says Hyderabad Police; MEA seeks report
- Air India wooing fliers with ''all-inclusive'' low fares at Rs 1,499
- Planning to visit Rishikesh this summer? Here's how you can reach there!
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav - HC likely to take final call today
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke