No laptop distribution after evening: UP CM
Lucknow: Taking serious note of a girl being raped while returning home after attending a laptop distribution programme, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has sought an explanation from the minister whose late arrival had delayed the event and ordered that all such functions be concluded before evening.
All the district magistrates have been asked to finish the programmes by 1.30 pm and ensure the return of the students positively by 4 pm, officials said.
"The Chief Minister has taken rape case of the teenage girl very seriously and besides issuing strict directives for ending such programme by 1.30 pm, has also sought an explanation from the minister whose late arrival in Faizabad had delayed the programme," a government spokesman said.
The chief minister has asked all the ministers to reach for the programmes at the right time to ensure the safety and security of the students, the spokesman said.
It is being alleged that the programme scheduled at 2 pm got delayed due to the late arrival of the chief guest, Social Welfare Minister Awadhesh Prasad and concluded around 10 pm after which the girls were asked to return.
On Monday night, the 18-year-old student of Ramchandra Smarak Inter college, Jamuari in Sukulbazar area was returing home from Faizabad after receiving a laptop when the driver of the SUV, which was supposed to drop girls after the programme allegedly raped her and then dumped her on roadside.
The girl managed to reach home and narrated the incident to her family members, who filed police complaint.
The accused driver has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope