No law and order in UP, says Congress
New Delhi: Attacking the SP government in Uttar Pradesh over the killing of a police officer, Congress on Tuesday alleged there is no law and order in the state and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
"UP`s law and order is very bad. There is in fact no law and order in the state. If a police officer is killed and those facing the charge for the killing include a minister of the state government, then what is left.
"If a DSP rank officer of the police is not safe there, what can be said about the plight of the common man," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Pointing out that the wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq, had demanded a CBI probe into the killing, the Congress leader said," CBI inquiry should happen".
BSP, the archrival of SP in Uttar Pradesh, has demanded imposition of President Rule in the state over the DSP`s killing.
Alvi refused to go into the issue of placing the state under President Rule saying, there is a Governor in the state to examine such issues.
He, however, said, "the UP government should change its attitude. People had brought about a change in government in the state with great hopes. They are now disappointed."
The DSP was killed by a mob on Saturday in Pratapgarh after he reached the area to look into killing of a village head.
The slain officer`s wife Pravin Azad has accused UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya for the attack.
Altogether, four cases have been lodged in connection with the DSP`s killing, including one based on complaint by his wife, who is demanding a CBI inquiry into the incident alleging that it was a premeditated murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'