No letter received from Centre on Bareilly riots: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government
tonight dismissed as "misleading and baseless" media reports
that the Centre was not satisfied with its report on the
A state government spokesman said it has not received
any such letter from the Union government.
Media reports suggesting that the Central government
was not satisfied with the report submitted by the state
government were totally "misleading and baseless", he said.
He said though unfortunate incidents occurred in
Bareilly, effective action was taken and the situation was
brought under total control.
Now, Bareilly was totally peaceful, he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'