No letter received from Centre on Bareilly riots: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government
tonight dismissed as "misleading and baseless" media reports
that the Centre was not satisfied with its report on the
A state government spokesman said it has not received
any such letter from the Union government.
Media reports suggesting that the Central government
was not satisfied with the report submitted by the state
government were totally "misleading and baseless", he said.
He said though unfortunate incidents occurred in
Bareilly, effective action was taken and the situation was
brought under total control.
Now, Bareilly was totally peaceful, he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci