No list of disabled persons given equipment by Khurshid`s NGO
Rampur: The verified list of 137 disabled persons, who were said to have been provided medical equipment by the NGO run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid, is not available with the government department dealing with welfare of such persons, official sources said.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of the Uttar Pradesh police said none of the concerned officers at the disabled persons welfare department had signed the list of alleged beneficiaries.
District Development Officer Muzahidul Hassan, who has been holding charge of Viklang Kalyan Vibhag, confirmed yesterday that neither the budget for distribution of such equipment was allocated, nor the verified list of beneficiaries submitted by the NGO.
Hassan said the department has only a photograph of Congress MLA Sanjay Kapoor distributing the equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa