No list of disabled persons given equipment by Khurshid`s NGO
Rampur: The verified list of 137 disabled persons, who were said to have been provided medical equipment by the NGO run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid, is not available with the government department dealing with welfare of such persons, official sources said.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of the Uttar Pradesh police said none of the concerned officers at the disabled persons welfare department had signed the list of alleged beneficiaries.
District Development Officer Muzahidul Hassan, who has been holding charge of Viklang Kalyan Vibhag, confirmed yesterday that neither the budget for distribution of such equipment was allocated, nor the verified list of beneficiaries submitted by the NGO.
Hassan said the department has only a photograph of Congress MLA Sanjay Kapoor distributing the equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere