No list of disabled persons given equipment by Khurshid`s NGO
Rampur: The verified list of 137 disabled persons, who were said to have been provided medical equipment by the NGO run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid, is not available with the government department dealing with welfare of such persons, official sources said.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of the Uttar Pradesh police said none of the concerned officers at the disabled persons welfare department had signed the list of alleged beneficiaries.
District Development Officer Muzahidul Hassan, who has been holding charge of Viklang Kalyan Vibhag, confirmed yesterday that neither the budget for distribution of such equipment was allocated, nor the verified list of beneficiaries submitted by the NGO.
Hassan said the department has only a photograph of Congress MLA Sanjay Kapoor distributing the equipment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources