No official information on another Ayodhya yatra: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday said it had no official information about the proposed yatra of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) around Ayodhya beginning September 22.
A decision on the VHP`s proposed Paanch Kosi Parikrama would be taken only after getting a formal confirmation, UP Home Secretary Kamal Saxena said.
"We have come to know about the call from media reports. Once a formal confirmation is received we will examine it and take appropriate decision," he said.
VHP International general secretary Champat Rai yesterday said seers would undertake the Paanch Kosi Parikrama around Ayodhya from September 22.
"Seers and saints from four southern states -- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka -- could not take part in the Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama due to monsoon. Now, they will undertake Paanch Kosi Parikrama," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy