No orders for Oct 2, Jan 26 and Aug 15 holidays?
Lucknow: Even as India has observed Jan 26, Aug 15 and Oct 2 as national holidays, the government does not seem to have issued any formal orders for the same.
The disclosure from the central home ministry came in response to an application under the Right to Information (RTI) Act 2005 filed by 10-year-old Aishwarya Parashar here.
The Class 6 student sent a letter April 25 to the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) seeking attested copies of Government Orders under which the three holidays are observed by the nation.
Jan 26 (Republic Day), Aug 15 (Independence Day) and Oct 2 (Mahatma Gandhi`s birth anniversary) are observed as holidays both by the central and state governments as well as the private sector.
A student of the City Montessori School, Aishwarya told a news agency that the home ministry reply stated in Hindi: "No such orders were (ever) issued."Parashar had earlier stumped the PMO when she sought to know under which order was the title `Father of the Nation` bestowed upon Mahatma Gandhi.
Parashar had earlier stumped the PMO when she sought to know under which order was the title `Father of the Nation` bestowed upon Mahatma Gandhi.
The central government’s response conceded there were no official records for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog