No place for `fake` Shankaracharya in Kumbh Mela: Digvijay
Lucknow: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh Wednesday alleged that the place reserved for Shankaracharya in Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad has been given to a "fake" Shankaracharya supported by BJP and sought the intervention of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in this regard.
"The place reserved for Shankarachayra has been given to fake Shankaracharya supported by BJP in Maha Kumbh Mela (to be held in Allahabad from next month). The established traditional `peeth` of Shankarachayra could boycott Kumbh due to the present situation," Singh told reporters here.
Seeking intervention of the chief minister, Singh said that he should ensure that in place of "fake" Shankarachayra, the place should be reserved for the traditional "peeth".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what