No place for `fake` Shankaracharya in Kumbh Mela: Digvijay
Lucknow: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh Wednesday alleged that the place reserved for Shankaracharya in Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad has been given to a "fake" Shankaracharya supported by BJP and sought the intervention of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in this regard.
"The place reserved for Shankarachayra has been given to fake Shankaracharya supported by BJP in Maha Kumbh Mela (to be held in Allahabad from next month). The established traditional `peeth` of Shankarachayra could boycott Kumbh due to the present situation," Singh told reporters here.
Seeking intervention of the chief minister, Singh said that he should ensure that in place of "fake" Shankarachayra, the place should be reserved for the traditional "peeth".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security