No policeman can act without my orders: UP minister
Lucknow: In remarks that are likely to stoke a controversy, Uttar Pradesh Textile Minister Shiv Kumar Beria has said no policeman can do anything without his orders and if anybody does so, he will be sacked within 24 hours.
"No cop can do anything until I give orders. No cop can even sit till I give orders. I am in government, not in opposition. How can he not listen to me? If a cop does not listen to me, he has no right even for a minute to sit on the chair, he will be sacked within 24 hours," the minister said on Tuesday.
Not to be left far behind, another UP minister said that no power can stop crimes in Uttar Pradesh.
"Crimes in UP keep happening, they happened and will keep happening. No power can stop crimes in UP," Social Welfare Minister Ram Murti Verma said.
The remarks are likely to embarrass the Akhilesh Yadav government which is already under fire from opposition parties in the state including BSP for the law and order situation.
BSP chief Mayawati has asked the governor to recommend President`s Rule in the state accusing the state government of having failed to deal with law and order and crimes there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’