No policeman can act without my orders: UP minister
Lucknow: In remarks that are likely to stoke a controversy, Uttar Pradesh Textile Minister Shiv Kumar Beria has said no policeman can do anything without his orders and if anybody does so, he will be sacked within 24 hours.
"No cop can do anything until I give orders. No cop can even sit till I give orders. I am in government, not in opposition. How can he not listen to me? If a cop does not listen to me, he has no right even for a minute to sit on the chair, he will be sacked within 24 hours," the minister said on Tuesday.
Not to be left far behind, another UP minister said that no power can stop crimes in Uttar Pradesh.
"Crimes in UP keep happening, they happened and will keep happening. No power can stop crimes in UP," Social Welfare Minister Ram Murti Verma said.
The remarks are likely to embarrass the Akhilesh Yadav government which is already under fire from opposition parties in the state including BSP for the law and order situation.
BSP chief Mayawati has asked the governor to recommend President`s Rule in the state accusing the state government of having failed to deal with law and order and crimes there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...