No power cuts in UP during Ramzan
Lucknow: During the month of Ramzan, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has made arrangements for additional power supply to areas of the state with maximum population of the Muslim community.
The state government wants to supply maximum power in minority-dominated areas in UP during the month of Ramzan so that problems are not faced by the people, UPPCL chairman
Navneet Sehgal said.
Efforts were being made to ensure uninterrupted power supply from 7 pm to 6 am in areas where most Muslims of the state reside for which additional power has been arranged, he
At divisional and district headquarters, arrangements have been for free power supply during night hours, the chairman said, adding that officers on distribution duty have been directed to arrange adequate number of men and material required to attend to breakdowns.
The officers have also been directed to maintain special vigil during Ramzan, he said.
Sehgal said that the corporation made a record supply of power during July with an average of 9,014 MW per day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala