No power cuts in UP during Ramzan
Lucknow: During the month of Ramzan, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has made arrangements for additional power supply to areas of the state with maximum population of the Muslim community.
The state government wants to supply maximum power in minority-dominated areas in UP during the month of Ramzan so that problems are not faced by the people, UPPCL chairman
Navneet Sehgal said.
Efforts were being made to ensure uninterrupted power supply from 7 pm to 6 am in areas where most Muslims of the state reside for which additional power has been arranged, he
At divisional and district headquarters, arrangements have been for free power supply during night hours, the chairman said, adding that officers on distribution duty have been directed to arrange adequate number of men and material required to attend to breakdowns.
The officers have also been directed to maintain special vigil during Ramzan, he said.
Sehgal said that the corporation made a record supply of power during July with an average of 9,014 MW per day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured