No power cuts in UP during Ramzan
Lucknow: During the month of Ramzan, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has made arrangements for additional power supply to areas of the state with maximum population of the Muslim community.
The state government wants to supply maximum power in minority-dominated areas in UP during the month of Ramzan so that problems are not faced by the people, UPPCL chairman
Navneet Sehgal said.
Efforts were being made to ensure uninterrupted power supply from 7 pm to 6 am in areas where most Muslims of the state reside for which additional power has been arranged, he
At divisional and district headquarters, arrangements have been for free power supply during night hours, the chairman said, adding that officers on distribution duty have been directed to arrange adequate number of men and material required to attend to breakdowns.
The officers have also been directed to maintain special vigil during Ramzan, he said.
Sehgal said that the corporation made a record supply of power during July with an average of 9,014 MW per day.
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters