No power cuts in UP during Ramzan
Lucknow: During the month of Ramzan, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has made arrangements for additional power supply to areas of the state with maximum population of the Muslim community.
The state government wants to supply maximum power in minority-dominated areas in UP during the month of Ramzan so that problems are not faced by the people, UPPCL chairman
Navneet Sehgal said.
Efforts were being made to ensure uninterrupted power supply from 7 pm to 6 am in areas where most Muslims of the state reside for which additional power has been arranged, he
At divisional and district headquarters, arrangements have been for free power supply during night hours, the chairman said, adding that officers on distribution duty have been directed to arrange adequate number of men and material required to attend to breakdowns.
The officers have also been directed to maintain special vigil during Ramzan, he said.
Sehgal said that the corporation made a record supply of power during July with an average of 9,014 MW per day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog