No power cuts in UP during Ramzan
Lucknow: During the month of Ramzan, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has made arrangements for additional power supply to areas of the state with maximum population of the Muslim community.
The state government wants to supply maximum power in minority-dominated areas in UP during the month of Ramzan so that problems are not faced by the people, UPPCL chairman
Navneet Sehgal said.
Efforts were being made to ensure uninterrupted power supply from 7 pm to 6 am in areas where most Muslims of the state reside for which additional power has been arranged, he
At divisional and district headquarters, arrangements have been for free power supply during night hours, the chairman said, adding that officers on distribution duty have been directed to arrange adequate number of men and material required to attend to breakdowns.
The officers have also been directed to maintain special vigil during Ramzan, he said.
Sehgal said that the corporation made a record supply of power during July with an average of 9,014 MW per day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Shannen Doherty shares shaven head photos amid cancer battle
- Congress forms five-member committee to examine bills, debates in Parl
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders
- Italian connection to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination? Subramanian Swamy to reveal after August 15
- WATCH: AB de Villiers' lesson for 19-year-old who struck him with fearsome bouncer