No proximity of Saharanpur violence accused with CM Akhilesh Yadav: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Saturday trashed news reports that claimed proximity of Saharanpur violence accused Moharram Ali aka Pappu with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Rubbishing picture of the accused with Akhilesh that were published in some newspapers and run by television channels, a government spokesman said hundreds of people meet the chief minister everyday.
He added, therefore, no such insinuation should be made on him (Akhilesh) just on the basis of a picture.
It shows the accused standing with the chief minister at his 5, Kalidas Marg official residence. Others are also seen in the picture.
"The news is not only baseless and misleading but the handiwork of people with vested interests to mislead the people and tar the image of the state government," the spokesman told IANS.
The official added that for the state government, maintaining law and order was of prime importance and there can be no compromise on this front.
The spokesman said Moharram Ali has been arrested and appropriate action is being taken regarding the July 26 Saharanpur communal clashes between Sikhs and Muslims over a piece of land that left three dead and many injured.
He added that people disturbing harmony and acting as stumbling blocks in efforts to restore peace and normalcy in Saharanpur will be dealt with strongly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown