No raw sugar to be transported in UP till crushing continues
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today
said that the entry of raw sugar into the state will not be
allowed till all the cane is crushed.
"In the larger interest of the farmers the government
has decided that import of raw sugar in the state will not
be allowed till the time cane crushing is being done," Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati said in a statement issued
She said the government`s decision has been backed by
the farmers and was in the interest of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi