No raw sugar to be transported in UP till crushing continues
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today
said that the entry of raw sugar into the state will not be
allowed till all the cane is crushed.
"In the larger interest of the farmers the government
has decided that import of raw sugar in the state will not
be allowed till the time cane crushing is being done," Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati said in a statement issued
She said the government`s decision has been backed by
the farmers and was in the interest of consumers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed