No raw sugar to be transported in UP till crushing continues
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today
said that the entry of raw sugar into the state will not be
allowed till all the cane is crushed.
"In the larger interest of the farmers the government
has decided that import of raw sugar in the state will not
be allowed till the time cane crushing is being done," Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati said in a statement issued
She said the government`s decision has been backed by
the farmers and was in the interest of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test