No raw sugar to be transported in UP till crushing continues
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today
said that the entry of raw sugar into the state will not be
allowed till all the cane is crushed.
"In the larger interest of the farmers the government
has decided that import of raw sugar in the state will not
be allowed till the time cane crushing is being done," Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati said in a statement issued
She said the government`s decision has been backed by
the farmers and was in the interest of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional