No raw sugar to be transported in UP till crushing continues
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today
said that the entry of raw sugar into the state will not be
allowed till all the cane is crushed.
"In the larger interest of the farmers the government
has decided that import of raw sugar in the state will not
be allowed till the time cane crushing is being done," Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati said in a statement issued
She said the government`s decision has been backed by
the farmers and was in the interest of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy