No reduction of age group for unemployment allowance
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government, which has fixed an age limit of 30 to 40 years as eligibility for getting unemployment allowance, Friday said it did not have any plans to reduce the age group.
"The state government has fixed the age limit from 30 to 40 years after keeping in mind various factors. There is no plan to relax the age limit," Employment Minister Waqar Ahmad Shah said in state Assembly.
Shah, while replying to a question raised by BJP MLA Suresh Kumar Khanna, said that while giving them Rs 1,000 as unemployment allowance, the government would also utilise their services in implementation of different government schemes as per their qualifications and skills.
About other eligibilities for getting the allowance, the minister said that one should be high-school pass, resident of the state and his family income should be less than Rs 36,000 per year and in case of married persons, the total family income including that of in-laws should be less than Rs 1.5 lakh per year.
On apprehensions of Khanna that it would be difficult for one to get income certificate from concerned authorities, the minister assured that it would be prepared without any hassles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video