No relaxation in curfew in Bareilly
Bareilly: In the wake of fresh incidents of violence, curfew remained across the city without any relaxation.
Divisional Commissioner K Rammohan Roy said so far 290 people have been arrested in the city in connection with clashes that began on Sunday.
He said ration was distributed in the curfew-bound areas.
The local administration has written a letter to the government requesting cancellation of SSC examination scheduled on Sunday.
A youth was killed last night in fresh violence in the strife-torn town after a lull of two days when members of two communities clashed at a place under Baradari police station, hurling brickbats and opening fire.
Police said the incident took place in Jogi Newada locality in which Imran (20) was hit by a bullet and later died at a private hospital.
District Magistrate Manish Chauhan, however, had said Imran was killed in a clash related to election rivalry. Earlier, two persons died in the clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!