No relaxation in curfew in Bareilly
Bareilly: In the wake of fresh incidents of violence, curfew remained across the city without any relaxation.
Divisional Commissioner K Rammohan Roy said so far 290 people have been arrested in the city in connection with clashes that began on Sunday.
He said ration was distributed in the curfew-bound areas.
The local administration has written a letter to the government requesting cancellation of SSC examination scheduled on Sunday.
A youth was killed last night in fresh violence in the strife-torn town after a lull of two days when members of two communities clashed at a place under Baradari police station, hurling brickbats and opening fire.
Police said the incident took place in Jogi Newada locality in which Imran (20) was hit by a bullet and later died at a private hospital.
District Magistrate Manish Chauhan, however, had said Imran was killed in a clash related to election rivalry. Earlier, two persons died in the clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row