No relief from blazing heat in UP expected
Lucknow: There will be no immediate relief from the blazing heat in Uttar Pradesh, the state Met department said on Saturday.
Owing to dry hot winds, the maximum temperature and the minimum temperature would continue to remain 4-6 degrees Celsius above average in almost all parts of the state, it said.
Banda remained the hottest in the state Friday with the maximum temperature recorded 44.8 degrees, while in Lucknow the maximum temperature was recorded 43.0, five degrees above average.
In other districts of the state, including Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur, the maximum temperature remained well above 40 degrees.
The minimum temperature in Lucknow on Saturday morning was 23.5 degrees, four degrees above average.
"The reason behind such an intense heat wave is the absence of a weather phenomenon responsible for thunderstorm and showers," state Met director JP Gupta told reporters.
"There would no relief from the heat at least for the next 48 hours. As the southwesterly winds are weak, dry hot westerly winds coming from Rajasthan are dominating the atmosphere," he added.
Such a weather pattern is not normal for Uttar Pradesh at this time of the year and is witnessed generally in the month of May and June, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly