No relief from blazing heat in UP expected
Lucknow: There will be no immediate relief from the blazing heat in Uttar Pradesh, the state Met department said on Saturday.
Owing to dry hot winds, the maximum temperature and the minimum temperature would continue to remain 4-6 degrees Celsius above average in almost all parts of the state, it said.
Banda remained the hottest in the state Friday with the maximum temperature recorded 44.8 degrees, while in Lucknow the maximum temperature was recorded 43.0, five degrees above average.
In other districts of the state, including Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur, the maximum temperature remained well above 40 degrees.
The minimum temperature in Lucknow on Saturday morning was 23.5 degrees, four degrees above average.
"The reason behind such an intense heat wave is the absence of a weather phenomenon responsible for thunderstorm and showers," state Met director JP Gupta told reporters.
"There would no relief from the heat at least for the next 48 hours. As the southwesterly winds are weak, dry hot westerly winds coming from Rajasthan are dominating the atmosphere," he added.
Such a weather pattern is not normal for Uttar Pradesh at this time of the year and is witnessed generally in the month of May and June, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced