No right schemes since independence: Akhilesh
Lalitpur: In an obvious attack on the Congress, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said that right schemes have not been made since independence, which has led to a number of problems in the country.
"A lot of problems were witnessed by the country as right schemes were not made after freedom. The common man had to suffer due to this", Yadav said addressing a programme organised to distribute unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidya Dhan here.
"In Delhi, those sitting on the coffers are involved in loot even today", he said.
Akhilesh promised that if voted to power in 2014 at the Centre, his party would launch a number of schemes for farmers and youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen