No right schemes since independence: Akhilesh
Lalitpur: In an obvious attack on the Congress, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said that right schemes have not been made since independence, which has led to a number of problems in the country.
"A lot of problems were witnessed by the country as right schemes were not made after freedom. The common man had to suffer due to this", Yadav said addressing a programme organised to distribute unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidya Dhan here.
"In Delhi, those sitting on the coffers are involved in loot even today", he said.
Akhilesh promised that if voted to power in 2014 at the Centre, his party would launch a number of schemes for farmers and youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh