No statues and memorials: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said that his SP government would not be erecting statues and build memorials, but use the money instead for the welfare of workers, poor and girl students.
"The previous government was erecting stones and statues using thousand of crore Rupees...This would not be done by the SP government", Akhilesh said addressing a rally organised on the occasion of May Day here.
He said that the money would be saved and used for the welfare of the poor people.
The Chief Minister also said that even after Independence the condition of the labour class had not improved.
"The industries are not being able to provide security to them and at many places they are working in poor conditions, he said, adding, arrangements would also be made for providing houses to the labourers.
On the demands of anganwari workers, Akhilesh said that a committee would be constituted and a decision taken soon.
He said that the government would give vidyadhan to girls and free education in government medical and engineering colleges.
The loktantra senani pension to people who struggled during the Emergency would be re-started soon, the chief minister added.
Meanwhile, the UP Working Journalist Union organised a rally of media persons at the Press Club here and submitted a eight-point memorandum to the CM through labour minister Waqar Ahmad Shah.
State WJU president Haseeb Siddiqui demanded that health cards should be issued to journalists at the district level and the free treatment facility of PGI be extended to them.
Shah assured the scribes that the government would protect their interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!