No third person in race for UP CM: Ramgopal Yadav
Etawah: Suspense continued on the issue of
chief ministership in Uttar Pradesh with a Samajwadi Party
leader today saying that either Mulayam Singh Yadav or his son
Akhilesh would head the government.
"The party has decided to authorise `Netaji` (Mulayam).
If he wants, he can become the chief minister or if he wants
then Akhilesh can become the CM. But there will be no third
person," Ramgopal Yadav told reporters here.
He was replying to a question as to who would head the
government in UP, where the SP has got a clear majority in the
Earlier, SP chief Mulayam Singh asked his supporters to
refrain from `goondaism`, warning them that such acts would
not be tolerated "at any cost".
"The SP has resolved to check goondaism and not allow
it... All should help maintain order... Goondaism would not be
tolerated at any cost," he warned his supporters who thronged
his native Saifai village here on the occasion of Holi.
The supporters had gathered in large numbers and the
crowd had become unmanageable, prompting the SP chief to give
a warning to them.
Mulayam said that the first task before the party was to
fulfil the promises made to the people.
Mulayam, who had arrived here by helicopter, took part in
the Holi festivities in traditional manner for about an hour.
Though senior leaders including Ramgopal Yadav, Shivpal
Yadav and Dharmendra Yadav were seen welcoming the guest, the
absence of Akhilesh was felt by young party supporters who had
gathered to meet him.
Akhilesh is in Lucknow and could not make it to Etawah
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on