No ties with Congress for UP Assembly polls: Akhilesh
Bareilly: Ruling out possibilities of any
alliance with the Congress for the next year`s Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections, Samajwadi Party on Friday said that it would
contest the polls alone.
"There are no possibilities of an alliance with the
Congress for contesting the Assembly polls," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters.
There were reports in a section of media regarding
possible tie up between the two parties after the Congress
supported SP candidate Rajmati Nishad in the Pipraich bypolls.
Yadav said that the party`s top priority was to root
out the corrupt BSP government from the state and it would do
so in the coming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued