No ties with Congress for UP Assembly polls: Akhilesh
Bareilly: Ruling out possibilities of any
alliance with the Congress for the next year`s Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections, Samajwadi Party on Friday said that it would
contest the polls alone.
"There are no possibilities of an alliance with the
Congress for contesting the Assembly polls," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters.
There were reports in a section of media regarding
possible tie up between the two parties after the Congress
supported SP candidate Rajmati Nishad in the Pipraich bypolls.
Yadav said that the party`s top priority was to root
out the corrupt BSP government from the state and it would do
so in the coming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown