No ties with Congress for UP Assembly polls: Akhilesh
Bareilly: Ruling out possibilities of any
alliance with the Congress for the next year`s Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections, Samajwadi Party on Friday said that it would
contest the polls alone.
"There are no possibilities of an alliance with the
Congress for contesting the Assembly polls," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters.
There were reports in a section of media regarding
possible tie up between the two parties after the Congress
supported SP candidate Rajmati Nishad in the Pipraich bypolls.
Yadav said that the party`s top priority was to root
out the corrupt BSP government from the state and it would do
so in the coming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security