`No to second marriage for muslims`
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul
Uloom Deoband has appealed to Muslims not to marry for the
second time since it is hard to provide "equal justice" to two
wives in "Indian custom".
"It is hard to provide equal justice to two wives in
Indian custom," it said, replying to a query by a person
who wanted to marry a second time while his first wife was
"Though Islam permits two wives at the same time, Indian
tradition does not allow it," the seminary said.
President of Uttar Pradesh Imam Organisation, Mufti
Zulfikar said though Islam allows for second marriage on the
condition that the husband ensures equal maintenance, "it is
difficult to provide same treatment to both women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!