`No withdrawal of cases against DP Yadav`
Ghaziabad: A local court here has rejected the prosecution plea for withdrawal of criminal cases registered against former Rajya Sabha MP D P Yadav on a complaint by a prime witness in the Nitish Katara murder case.
Government lawyer R D Bhati yesterday moved an application before Chief Judicial Magistrate D D Ojha for withdrawing the cases on the basis of the Uttar Pradesh
government notification dated April, 21 this year.
Khalid Khan, lawyer of Ajay Katara, however, alleged that the complaint against Yadav and others comprised cognizable offences and that the cases could not be withdrawn by the state government.
He also told the court that the punishment in such crimes of serious nature could also involve life imprisonment.
After hearing the arguments, Ojha rejected the application for withdrawal of the cases against Yadav and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH