`No withdrawal of cases against DP Yadav`
Ghaziabad: A local court here has rejected the prosecution plea for withdrawal of criminal cases registered against former Rajya Sabha MP D P Yadav on a complaint by a prime witness in the Nitish Katara murder case.
Government lawyer R D Bhati yesterday moved an application before Chief Judicial Magistrate D D Ojha for withdrawing the cases on the basis of the Uttar Pradesh
government notification dated April, 21 this year.
Khalid Khan, lawyer of Ajay Katara, however, alleged that the complaint against Yadav and others comprised cognizable offences and that the cases could not be withdrawn by the state government.
He also told the court that the punishment in such crimes of serious nature could also involve life imprisonment.
After hearing the arguments, Ojha rejected the application for withdrawal of the cases against Yadav and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!