`No withdrawal of cases against DP Yadav`
Ghaziabad: A local court here has rejected the prosecution plea for withdrawal of criminal cases registered against former Rajya Sabha MP D P Yadav on a complaint by a prime witness in the Nitish Katara murder case.
Government lawyer R D Bhati yesterday moved an application before Chief Judicial Magistrate D D Ojha for withdrawing the cases on the basis of the Uttar Pradesh
government notification dated April, 21 this year.
Khalid Khan, lawyer of Ajay Katara, however, alleged that the complaint against Yadav and others comprised cognizable offences and that the cases could not be withdrawn by the state government.
He also told the court that the punishment in such crimes of serious nature could also involve life imprisonment.
After hearing the arguments, Ojha rejected the application for withdrawal of the cases against Yadav and others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India