Noida: 16 PAC men to be booked for gangrape
Noida: A local court has directed the police
to register cases against 16 PAC personnel for allegedly
raping a woman at a village here during the farmer protests
against land acquisition in May.
The police, however, said they were yet to receive the
order passed by the Chief Judicial Magistrate court yesterday.
"On getting the order, necessary action will be taken and
FIR will be lodged," a police official said today.
A woman, whose husband is still in jail, has alleged that
she was raped by the personnel of Provincial Armed
Constabulary on May 7 in Dankaur village. She moved the court
after the police allegedly refused to lodge an FIR.
The court has also directed to remove the PAC battalion
from the village.
Seven women had given statements to the National
Commission of Women that they were raped by men in uniform
during the Bhatta-Parsaul agitation when their husbands ran
away to evade arrest.
On May 7, the clash between security forces and farmers
claimed lives of two policemen and two farmers.
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement