Noida, Agra and Lucknow to be cycle friendly
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to develop Noida, Lucknow and Agra as cycle friendly, officials said on Tuesday.
Officials said that all future development of Noida and Greater Noida will be cycle friendly and cycle tracks be developed on important routes.
A decision has also been taken to construct cycle stands and cycle shelters where people can avail the facilities of "cycles on rent". Lucknow and Agra will also be developed as cycle friendly cities.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that a 2,500 acre land would be developed in Noida as a "Green Park" that would enhance the green cover in the city. It will also include a 300-acre water body, a deer park and a forest awareness centre.
"Foreigners always give priority to the use of cycles thereby making it imperative that the Taj City is developed as a cycle-friendly city. Similarly, Lucknow would also be developed as a cycle-friendly city," Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi