Noida: Condition of second starving sister worsens, shifted to ICU
Noida: Hours after one of the two
starving sisters, who were rescued from six months of self-
confinement at their house, died at a hospital here, the
condition of the other deteriorated on Wednesday.
Doctors at Kailash Hospital said the younger sister,
Sonali, has been shifted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) as her
condition has worsened.
"Her blood pressure has fallen. She is diagnosed with
malnutrition, dehydration and depression," they said.
In a shocking case of self-deprivation, Anuradha and
her sister Sonali, both in their 40s and holding doctrate
degrees, were found malnourished and dehydrated by police and
neighbours yesterday in their Sector 59 apartment.
Anuradha died of cardiac arrest while undergoing
treatment this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him